Linsey's story

 It wasn't until after I got married in November 2010 that my unhealthy habits started catching up to me. I gained about 15 pounds in our first year of marriage and added another 60+ pounds during my first pregnancy. Our son Levi was born in June of 2012, but 9 months later I was still wearing my maternity jeans. I was unhealthy in so many ways, and it was manifesting itself in my energy level and self esteem.
  In March of 2013, I was ready to make a change. I had a membership at Phazes for a few months, but I didn't seem to have the will power to make it there. I always had an excuse. I was too tired, too busy, or needed to spend more time with my husband. Fitness and health seemed so overwhelming to me. I felt powerless. I didn't think I had the will power to really change my eating habits, or exercise regularly, and I didn't even know where to start. I knew I needed some kind of structure and a little push to get me going. I heard about the Health Challenge at Phazes and decided I would try it. 
 The first week on the challenge was hard. I craved sugar constantly, and I was dying to go back to the way I was used to eating. I dreaded going to work out, and had to really push myself to make it in to do the circuit, or the classes. One week was all it took for me to notice the difference simple changes could make in my overall well being. I suddenly had energy! The sugar cravings stopped, and workouts were less daunting. I became a better, happier mother and wife. From then on it was like a snowball effect; the more I did, the better I felt, and so I wanted to do even more. I finally had the discipline and self control that I had thought was unattainable, and I know it sounds cliché, but I really felt like I could take on the world! By the end of 8 weeks, I had lost almost 20 pounds, and (sorry I don't remember how many inches anymore. its in my fitness assessment I think). But I wasn't about to stop there. I could see and feel the changes in my body and in my attitude towards life, and I had a new found passion for health and fitness.
 I have gone to Phazes consistently in the months following the end of the challenge, and I continue to get stronger, and to feel better. I have now lost almost 40 pounds in the last 6 months, and who knows how many inches, but I have learned that it is all in the little victories. Like not being embarrassed to be seen in your swimsuit, conquering that hike you have been avoiding, or even being able to carry in that case of bottled water that you would usually rely on your husband to move. Phazes was with me at the beginning of my journey, and they are with me now. Not only did they help me learn how to exercise efficiently, they also educated me about healthy food choices. The exercises in the cross conditioning circuit are always challenging, but doable and the trainers are always there to answer questions, and to motivate and encourage. Exercises and activities that scared me before are now easy and I can't wait to keep moving forward in my health and fitness journey. 
 Thanks a ton!

Comments